What is Squarespace?
Squarespace is an easy-to-use website building platform. Highly praised for its own user-friendly drag-and-drop interface along with its choice of high quality templates and customizations options, Squarespace enables even the most novice of users to make a professional website in just a couple hours. It’s seamlessly designed to function for anyone searching for hassle-free marketing, blogging, eCommerce or portfolio space and, perfect for when your business starts to grow, it is built with scalability in mind.
- Beautiful, professional site design.
- Features-packed website editor.
- Code accessibility to further customize your website.
- A wide range of 3rd-party integrations is included with superior programs at no excess cost.
- No mobile editor – you can’t edit the mobile perspective of your website independently of the desktop view.
- Editor navigation is trickier than other website builders, with many customization options concealed behind many menu choices.
- No free plan (Free 14-day trial only).
How to use Squarespace for your business
By Designing the platform to be super user-friendly, Squarespace makes it fast and easy for companies to advertise their services across the web.
- Artificial Design Intelligence technology and easy drag-and-drop tools mean you can have a site up and running for your business in just a couple hours.
- Excellent E-Commerce functionality and easily saleable features enable your site to grow at precisely the same rate as your small business.
- Multiple search engine optimization abilities are integrated into the stage so you can be discovered by the proper individuals in search engines. These include meta names and descriptions, custom URLs and alt tags.
- Websites are supported by AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) and are optimized for the fastest mobile web browsing. In the end, this means that potential customers can navigate your site using a mobile, tablet or notebook.
Squarespace subscription and pricing options
Squarespace Offers competitive pricing and even more affordable costs if you choose to pay yearly, rather than monthly. There’s no free program on offer, however it’s easy to sign up to get a 14-day free trial (no credit card needed!) Before you commit to these paid subscription options.
- Personal Plan: At $16/month, this really is the cheapest of all Squarespace’s pricing strategies. With no limitations on bandwidth or storage, but also no E-commerce capabilities, this is a good alternative for website owners who are searching for a simple and slick design with high functionality.
- Business Plan: If you need some sort of E-commerce service, you’ll have to fork out a little extra ($25/month) for the business plan. In this program, you can sell unlimited products and design promotional pop-ups for your site. Regrettably, each purchase will incur a 3% transaction fee.
- Basic Commerce Plan: Those Looking to build up an online shop should consider spending $34/month on the Fundamental Commerce Plan. With the transaction price nowhere insight, you’ll have the ability to sell unlimited products, add gift cards and client accounts for your shop, and incorporate other online applications to your shop, such as PayPal.
- Advanced Commerce Plan: Does The future look bright for the E-commerce enterprise? Afterward this $52/month, flexible and scalable trade program is for you. Together with each of the features from the Basic Commerce Plan, customers will have the ability to add repeat subscription choices, adaptive discount promos and real-time shipping rates to their store.
The Squarespace help centre is your starting point for each your builder-related questions. As there is minimum in-editor help (only a few quick how-to hints popped up whilst we’re editing), we recommend keeping the aid center available in a separate tab whilst you edit your site, for quick reference if you need support.
Videos: A library of movie tutorials full of hints on the best way best to get the most out of this website builder. The video’s are super-easy to follow and many will find the visual guides a lot easier to understand than those found in the Knowledge Base.
Community Answers: A forum-based support center where customers of Squarespace help each other resolve a range of issues.
Squarespace Users in New York City have the extra advantage of attending group workshops, 90-minute sessions which incorporate presentations as well as practical group work to assist users build their confidence with the stage. And for the ones that cannot make it online webinars are also run several times a month, covering a variety of subjects from beginners to advanced lessons.
Squarespace Knowledge Base Topics
If You cannot find the solutions you need from their online service, you’ll find that a ‘Contact Us’ button at the bottom of every page that leads you to a brief questionnaire. Once you’ve chosen the topics which most relate to your issues, you’ll be given the option to email Squarespace (reaction time during business hours is normally 1 hour) or begin a live online chat session. There is no contact number to call Squarespace and no extra support for superior packages.
The Final Verdict:
This was my first time with Squarespace so that I had a fresh eye which had not been Used to earlier releases. I can see why millions have flocked to Squarespace, because you can create any kind of site regardless of specialized ability. The only real downside for me was that the payment option they utilize For Commerce is limited to the USA only. It’s not clear if that is because Of constraints in Squarespace 6 , or due to Stripe, the payment vendor they are using. I Also can’t get LastPass to work with the login form whilst using Chrome, my preferred browser. It has me going back and on to my emails to find the password each time that I want to login. However I think the issues I’ve discovered are minor details which are possible to address in the Future, so I am willing enough to over look them till they expand the scope Of Commerce to include payments to Denmark, which is where I live.